WANTED: Kick-Ass Junior IT Network Analyst Intern (Sydney Office)
Imagine a world where entrepreneurs and their businesses can focus on making a positive impact on the world we live in. Where they can do their work using great technology, supported by great people, that simply works the way it's supposed to!
That's what we do, and we need your help.
For over 21 years, Debian IT has worked with hundreds of small and medium sized businesses. Helping them with all their technology needs, helping them thrive and grow, helping them to achieve their vision and make our world a better place.
Why Join Us?
This is not your typical office job. Our passionately engaged team of A-players is beyond awesome!
We’re an energetic, fun, focused, and effective group who thrives on big challenges. We have a strong culture of freedom, responsibility, and innovation that fosters minds who wish to experience personal and professional growth on another level. Our culture is fast-paced and we consider our work our “art,” striving for excellence in everything we do.
We’re also super proud of the fact that we were recently named one of Canada’s Top 50 Best Managed IT Companies!
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and more. What’s that you say? You want a day off on your birthday? Consider it done! You love smartphones too? We’re going to hook you up with one of those too!!
And... We're hiring like crazy right now! Looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our team, this means plenty of growth potential and opportunities for you, that’s right, YOU!
Oh, and one more thing, resumes are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?!? Cover Letters! Ones that are specially written just for Debian to tell us how awesome you are. Hook us up with one of those bad boys, because we love those things!
If inside you're saying "Hell Yeah!" please continue...
Our new Junior IT Network Analyst position will be a key role in the future success of our organization. We are just now building the foundation to support massive growth and impact. There are exciting opportunities to help truly make a difference in our company and build a team to help drive our vision forward of helping entrepreneurs build successful high-growth businesses that will shape the world.
Ok, now on to the serious stuff...
Kick-Ass Junior IT Network Analyst Summary:
This paid internship for university students offers hands-on experience in a professional environment and can lead to career opportunities upon graduation. As the Junior IT Network Analyst, you will work on support admin tasks, perform updates and cleanup tasks on data and information in Debian IT’s managed services systems, assist other technicians with their work, provide remote support and troubleshooting of computer, network, and server related issues for clients. You will work on admin related tasks, assist other Debian IT team members, provide customer support for the installation, maintenance, and utilization of computers and network software, hardware, and administration. Also, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and keeping computer documentation accurate and current.
As a Junior IT Network Analyst, you will be accountable to:
- Respond to client requests by phone or email consistently within the expected timeframe
- Successfully handle a throughput of 15 requests per day
- Communicate early and often with clients and teammates regarding outstanding issues
- Solve a wide range of business and productivity issues using technology
- Create and maintain network documentation, every time
- Implement solutions utilizing simple, proven technologies
- Deliver only tested solutions addressing the root cause of an issue
- Accurately determine proper course of action when facing conflicting priorities
- Update ticketing system in real-time
To be successful in the Junior IT Network Analyst role, you:
- Are meticulous with details
- Adhere to and follow processes and procedures
- Love helping and teaching others whether they be clients or coworkers
- Are decisive after doing necessary diligence but also know when to ask for help
- Appreciate culture of empowerment and accountability to a team
- Own your mistakes and learn from them
- Put client’s and team’s needs first
- React with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Welcome variety and react to change with flexibility and an open mind
Debian IT’s Core Obsessions:
- Own It & Get ‘er Done Right!
- Prevent the Preventable
- Deliver Service That Wows, Stat!
- Pursue Growth & Learning
- Collaborate & Communicate
- Be Confident Yet Humble
We are looking for A-Players to join our high performing team of exceptional technology professionals.
2018 Intern Requirements:
To be eligible to apply for a place on our intern program, you must be able to answer 'YES' to the following questions:
- Are you legally eligible to work for the duration of the intern program?
- Are you available to participate for the full duration of the 12 week program?
- Will you have completed your studies in either 2019 or 2020? This program is open to current students only.
To apply, please complete our application survey and follow the additional steps required. (The survey will take less than 5 Minutes)
Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DebianIT-JuniorNetworkAnalyst