WANTED: Kick-Ass Senior I.T. Infrastructure Technician (Canada Head Office)
Imagine a world where entrepreneurs and their businesses can focus on making a positive impact on the world we live in. Where they can do their work using great technology, supported by great people, that simply works the way it’s supposed to!
That’s what we do, and we need your help.
For over 21 years, Debian IT has worked with hundreds of small and medium sized businesses. Helping them with all their technology needs, helping them thrive and grow, helping them to achieve their vision and make our world a better place.
Why Join Us?
This is not your typical office job. Our passionately engaged team of A-players is beyond awesome!
We’re an energetic, fun, focused, and effective group who thrives on big challenges. We have a strong culture of freedom, responsibility, and innovation that fosters minds who wish to experience personal and professional growth on another level. Our culture is fast-paced and we consider our work our “art,” striving for excellence in everything we do.
We’re also super proud of the fact that we were recently named one of Canada’s Top 50 Best Managed IT Companies!
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and more. What’s that you say? You want a day off on your birthday? Consider it done! You love smartphones too? We’re going to hook you up with one of those too!!
And... We're hiring like crazy right now! Looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our team, this means plenty of growth potential and opportunities for you, that’s right, YOU!
Oh, and one more thing, resumes are cool, but do you know what’s even cooler?!? Cover Letters! Ones that are specially written just for Debian to tell us how awesome you are. Hook us up with one of those bad boys, because we love those things!
If inside you're saying "Hell Yeah!" please continue...
Our Senior I.T. Infrastructure Technician position will be a key role in the future success of our organization. We are just now building the foundation to support massive growth and impact. There are exciting opportunities to help truly make a difference in our company and build a team to help drive our vision forward of helping entrepreneurs build successful high-growth businesses that will shape the world.
Ok, now on to the serious stuff...
Senior I.T. Infrastructure Technician Position Summary:
As the Senior I.T. Infrastructure Technician, you will be responsible for the execution and management of projects for both on-premises and cloud infrastructure environments for small and medium-sized businesses. You will handle the requirements gathering, design, implementation, support, and troubleshooting of client networks. You will also be responsible for assisting other members of the Debian IT team with escalations, training, and R&D of new products and technologies. As part of this role, you will also be responsible for maintaining and keeping computer documentation accurate and current.
As a Senior I.T. Infrastructure Technician, you will be accountable for:
- Interacting with a wide variety of clients, respond to customer trouble tickets, provide onsite support as required, and document the details involved.
- Assessing the extent and complexity of computer and network problems and providing answers to computer and network questions.
- Ensuring timely and appropriate escalation actions for unresolved problems.
- Installing, repairing, upgrading, and testing computer and network hardware and software.
- Researching and recommending hardware and software products appropriate to customer business requirements.
- Developing solutions and plans to specific customer problems.
- Following up with clients to ensure that their needs were met.
- Detailed documenting of work performed.
- Clear and regular follow up communication with clients and project stakeholders.
To be successful in the Senior I.T. Infrastructure Technician role, you must have:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineer, business or other related field.
- 5+ years as a system analyst, network analyst or related experience can substitute for degree requirements.
- Very strong working knowledge of Windows Server environments including Windows 2003, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and Office 365, desktop operating systems (Windows and/or Mac), Terminal Services, VPN technologies, MS Exchange Server, LAN/WAN network topologies, Anti-virus solutions, firewall technologies, and familiarity with MS Windows Server operating systems.
- Proficiency in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, and Powershell Administration
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills and understanding of TCP/IP and networking technologies
- Microsoft Certification MCSA, MCSE, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMWare and Hyper-V
- Citrix Certification and VMWare Certification
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 migrations and management
- Experience with Google Apps migration and management
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS
To be successful in Debian IT, you:
- Own It & Get ‘er Done Right!
- Prevent the Preventable
- Deliver Service That Wows, Stat!
- Pursue Growth & Learning
- Collaborate & Communicate
- Be Confident Yet Humble
NOTE: SUPERSTARS ONLY. We are looking for A-Players to join our high performing team of exceptional technology professionals.
To apply, please complete our application survey and follow the additional steps required.
(The survey will take less than 5 Minutes)
Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DebianIT-SeniorTech